LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

64mm (185cc)pistons- any good or gash?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

64mm (185cc)pistons- any good or gash?

Postby Scooterslag » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 am

Just scored myself a proper scooter restorations SR185 barrel and head which Harry Barlow has reworked, now I need a piston as there isn't one with the kit, now I don't want to change the rod and run a jap piston but all there is available are pistons from either eBay, Beedspeed, or AF which all seem to be the same non-brand indian pistons, are these any good? I've heard stories or crap rings and ring pegs coming loose
Scooterslag

Re: 64mm (185cc)pistons- any good or gash?

Postby soullad » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:12 pm

try asking for a Deanspeed 64mm (or oversize) piston. I recall Paul (Storkfoot) was offering one for free the other day?
soullad

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Yes I did, Ian. Non seized with new rings too :-0

Posted it out today unfortunately. I do think that corrado might have a couple though.

I replaced mine with a 65mm Race Tour when Broady did a (very rideable) road tune on my SR barrel. It has to be said that the Race Tour was a work of art in comparison to the Deanspeed which are, IMO, a bit rough and ready.
Storkfoot

Postby Scooterslag » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:31 am

soullad wrote:try asking for a Deanspeed 64mm (or oversize) piston. I recall Paul (Storkfoot) was offering one for free the other day?

Yeah saw that in the sale section but was too slow to get it :cry: just in the process of sorting out a Deanspeed Piston off Corrado Via the Scooterotica forum
Scooterslag

Return to Tuning & Kits