LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Best place to buy

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Best place to buy

Postby OldSkool21 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi, I would like to know where the best place to buy a good out-board disc brake kit and a good legshield toolbox that fits an li thanks will
OldSkool21

Re: Best place to buy

Postby Toddy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:32 am

I think most of the dealers selling outboard disc set ups sell the Scoot RS type or saigon Scooters types which you see on a lot of scooters ,these include KBR scooters , Just Lambretta , Buzzsolomoto, Beedspeed , Chiselspeed , etc etc other alternatives are the PM tuning set ups a bit more pricey but better quality also AF Rayspeed and LTH do one as well

Toolbox wise if you mean inner legshield type there are two types the Rally (more Rounder shape and Room) and the PX type (More Square in shape) most need a fettle to fit i used Just lambretta, Buzzsolomoto and Scoots RS direct for ones i have ordered in the past or try picking up a S/H one
Toddy

Postby OldSkool21 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks for the info toddy
OldSkool21

Postby speedy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:54 pm

It's personal preference, but I think the Rally type ones look better on LI's and the px ones on gp's. I have one of the AF ones, px style that is on a gp and it fit perfectly. Not sure if they have em or do em anymore though.cheers,Speedy.
speedy

Postby Simon ELC » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 pm

speedy wrote:It's personal preference, but I think the Rally type ones look better on LI's and the px ones on gp's. I have one of the AF ones, px style that is on a gp and it fit perfectly. Not sure if they have em or do em anymore though.cheers,Speedy.

Spoke to Ben in the week. Apparently they are having some made at the moment. Indian I guess. Just waiting.
I just got one from Corrado (Justlambretta) PX style for LI. Very happy with quality considering I think it originated from ScootRS. Minimal fettling needed. Heavier gauge metal than the last one I bought. (Source unremembered).
Simon ELC

Return to Tuning & Kits