LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Bgm lightened flywheel

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Bgm lightened flywheel

Postby Blaginit » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi could someone tell me if I put arrow on 17deg btdc what do the firing point double lines represent eg am I set at 17deg or are the firing point lines set for something else any help appreciated cheers
Blaginit

Re: Bgm lightened flywheel

Postby Eden » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:56 pm

you cant use the firing points as they very rarely line up especially if you have changed the crank or flywheel!

mark you mag and use a timing gun every time ;)
Eden

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Like Eden says Mark your mag with your own timing marks and use a strobe to set the timing.

The two marks on the windows of a standard Ducati or AF electronic Flywheel are there to help you set the timing approximately prior to strobing, when the arrow on the outside of the flywheel and mag timing mark are aligned, that's when the pick up timing line (usually white) should be in the middle of the two marks on the window of the flywheel. So you would adjust the stator position to align the pickup.
Not sure if the BGM (two window pickup aligning marks) is the same but I would guess it is.

With Indian electronic flywheels it's not really worth bothering as the window timing marks are so far out its usually a pointless exercise.
Captain Pugwash

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:59 pm

"With Indian electronic flywheels it's not really worth bothering as the window timing marks are so far out its usually a pointless exercise."

^... LIKE
Adam_Winstone

Postby foremanbob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Blaginit wrote:Hi could someone tell me if I put arrow on 17deg btdc what do the firing point double lines represent eg am I set at 17deg or are the firing point lines set for something else any help appreciated cheers

Do you mean the degree marks etched into the edge of the BGM flywheel?

When you strobe it if the 17deg mark lines up with TDC... you've set it for 17deg....

Getting there is a faf though... cause you cant see through the flywheel to the stator...
foremanbob

Return to Tuning & Kits