LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gori 200 Race kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Gori 200 Race kit

Postby JBM34 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi guys,
I'm thinking about buying a Gori 200 race kit for my Li 125 series 1.
Do I have to change the front sprocket and the chain (number of teeth) ?
I have to change the crank too ?
And what would be the best exhaust to keep the series 1 look please ?
Thanks for all your advices.
Cheers from France.
JB
JBM34

Re: Gori 200 Race kit

Postby Tony Hart » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:17 am

Hi JB

I believe you will need to change either your sprockets and chain or the complete gearbox to get more out of the kit. If your bike has its original crank then then I would definitely recommend changing that to a new one with a GP taper. Depending on when your bike was last rebuilt there are quite a few other things to look at such as bearings and seals. It will be worth checking what type of rear sprocket your scooter has, the recommendation if you have the early sprung is that you change this too.

I am not sure about best exhaust for the Gori200 kit but I doubt you would go wrong with one of his own exhausts. The GP 50 exhaust look like an original style exhaust but is marketed as having expansion type performance. I have one of the Casa S1/2 42mm exhausts on one of mine which certainly looks the part and is in performance a clubman but not sure if you will get the best from your kit with one of these.

Regards

Tony
Tony Hart

Re: Gori 200 Race kit

Postby hullygully » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 am

mine has a 3 part Ancillotti exhaust 8-)
you could run it thru' your air box but remove all insides & drill extra holes :shock:
crank wise @ least an SX taper but if you're gonna change it then go GP for the security :D
you could save money by keeping your 125 g/box but you'd defo need to re-visit your sprockets 8-)
good luck ;)
hullygully

Return to Tuning & Kits