LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Koso Rev counters

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Koso Rev counters

Postby TROJAN6 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Has anyone fitted these?? My set up is a BGM 120w stator 5 pin rectifyer that takes a battery feed in the center so should supply power source, Rev counter has RED BLACK and WHITE wires all which have been sorted ( I HOPE) what puzzles me is where does the BROWN wire connect to, any one who has done this, thanks gents just need it sorted to get backon the road ........ 8-)
TROJAN6

Re: Koso Rev counters

Postby TROJAN6 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:39 pm

just had a quick look at the rectifyer and it seems that there is a supply next to the Battery , would this be suitable for the rev counter ?????....... 8-)
TROJAN6

Postby carlos fandango » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Which koso rev counter is it ?
carlos fandango

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:51 pm

The Koso needs a permanent 12v dc feed to keep the two push button settings once set held in the memory, then a second switchable dc supply to turn the rev counter on and back light it.
The other wires are earth and inductive pickup. Normally only four wires, unless you have the version with a CHT.
Captain Pugwash

Postby TROJAN6 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi Gents and thanks for the response, just got back from work , right the type I have has the SHIFT LIGHT if thats any use and at the back four wires
RED Battery
WHITE RPM wire Blue with green stripe
BLACK Earth to Vehicle
BROWN....this is the one thats puzzling me, WHERE TO????? Any help please Gents and thanks in advance........ 8-)
TROJAN6

Postby lambypolo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm

If you've got the box try googling the part number. From memory the Koso site has downloads of all the instructions.
lambypolo

Postby Captain Pugwash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Brown is the switched live wire it turns it on and off. Without a switched off position your battery will drain.

White = inductive pick up

Black = earth

Red = perminant live (for internal memory)

Brown = Switched live ( it needs to be a dc supply that you can turn on and off...... I use the black wire from the ignition block inside the headset just connecting the brown wire in, the black wire feeds the back light and as this remains on in both lighting positions. I never normally ride with my lights off so this works for me. This will give a switched supply without adding another switch. But you could do a switched live feed from the battery via a seperate switch, and you could fit a 2amp fuse in line.

Both ways will work.

But if you look on the Koso site you could down load their instructions.
Captain Pugwash

Postby TROJAN6 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Thats excellent stuff, Just needed to make sure which was the best way to connect the Brown wire as I did nt want all the hard work to possibly go up in smoke or even damage other componants, thanks Gents for all of your comments, a happy chappy........ 8-)
TROJAN6

Return to Tuning & Kits