LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

lambretta gori exhaust gear ratio

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

lambretta gori exhaust gear ratio

Postby Freight10 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:15 am

After some advice....

I have a TS1 236 in a series 2, run it on the dyno and the performance seemed ok, 21 bhp, 78mph top speed, plenty for me and I was happy with that...

However, in reality once on the open road, headwind, lardy arse sat on it....not performing at all, so ive had a chat to a friend who has suggested changing the gear ratios...

my question is , TS1 236, amal carb (I know throw it away) but its spot on, Gori 50m exhaust....

To cruise about 60 - 65mph what would be a good gear set up.

Pulls like a train 1st, 2nd & 3rd...then 4th gear is like....nothing there...engine revs drop, speed non existant

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Trevor
Freight10

Re: lambretta gori exhaust gear ratio

Postby rossclark » Mon May 02, 2016 11:23 am

What gear box an sprockets you got on it now?
rossclark

Postby Freight10 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:09 pm

Sorry Ross, wasn't being ignorant, went on holiday, anyway I was running 15, 46, I've had a friend change it to. 14, 47 and that seems to have made a huge difference, much happier now...
Freight10

Postby speedy » Sun May 15, 2016 6:22 am

If you do throw the amal away, could you try and get it to land in my direction. :D I love em and have never had a performance problem with em in honesty. I changed mine on my Ts1 for a 30mm vhsh flatslide Dellorto for economy reasons and that is worse than the Amal :shock:
speedy

Postby Freight10 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Speedy, don't hold your breath mate, as I said it is a spot on carb, just that everyone keeps telling me to change it, even the dyno guy....but if I should succumb to the pressure. ....it's yours...
Freight10

Postby speedy » Sun May 15, 2016 1:22 pm

You are most kind sir :D :D . I know they're a bit old hat now as they came out in the late seventies,[ the mk2 that is ] and there is stuff out there far superior. As I say though, I have got a 30 vhsh on mine and all my mates with 35mm mikunis are getting 5 to 10 mpg more than mine easily. I bet you it put out more power with the Amal than it does now aswell. :evil: regards,speedy.
speedy

Return to Tuning & Kits