LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Exhaust temps

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Exhaust temps

Postby dave411 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:40 am

Hi,waht kind of exhaust temps can I expect on my Mugello 198,26mm Delly and Ancilotti exhaust? Say at 30-40 mph and what will the danger reading be.
Thanks.
dave411

Re: Exhaust temps

Postby Scooterlam » Sun May 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Speed will not have an effect on your displayed temps.
Mixture and timing will.

Do a plug chop at 30-40 and see what colour you got and what your temp was. If it's a good colour that is a good temp.
Do a bit of reading. Eden put some links to a couple of articles. That are good reading.
Some people report a drop in egt prior to a holed piston.

Every set up will read different General consensus seems to be 550 to 600 as a red line and 650 plus as an expensive place to be.
Scooterlam

Re: Exhaust temps

Postby jonashford » Sun May 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Right before holy piston time a drop in egt temps and a rise in cht shows where all the heat is going, in to the piston crown, ideally retarding ur timing shud in effect make high egt and low cht, but as u say each set up is different my egt goes high when I go down hills and cht when I go up, It can take a lot of fiddling before u get it right
jonashford

Return to Tuning & Kits