LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Exhaust,Carb set up

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Exhaust,Carb set up

Postby Geocamper » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:45 pm

I have recently had my Tv's series 2 engine re built as per standard set up. It's also running the original mb21 b5s carburettor with a standard casa lambretta exhaust. To be fair it runs great apart from the hot start problem and definite lack of power on a incline or any kind of hill. I know the starting problem is down to the car and lack of power down to carb exhaust set up. This is why I'm going to ask the question, What carb exhaust set up would I need to get a bit more lower down power so the Tv would not struggle with any type of hill and also look sporty? I have my idea of a Dellorto Phbl 25mm with a nice can out of the back end.Something similar to this,
https://soulscooter.wordpress.com/tag/lambretta/page/6/
Any help would be appreciated.
Geocamper

Re: Exhaust,Carb set up

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:57 pm

If you have a hot start problem & lack of low down power, that could all be down to your carburettor needing little more than the float checking out, although with its age, it could be worn beyond economic repair.

But if it were me, having no doubt incurred some expense with the engine rebuild, I figure it might be worth spending a little more on optimising the carburettor you have.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Tuning & Kits