LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Choked up?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Choked up?

Postby 69GP225 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Hello,

My bro in law is running in a gp200 (Italian) fitted with a mugello 200 kit, Sito exhaust, it's running on a 28mm dellorto and a ram air filter with hose. Last week he conked out but after 5 minutes it started again. Got 200 yards up the road and conked out again. So we took the hose and filter off the carb and it ran better. Got home which is about 8 mile.

I noticed the bike smoking a little more than expected but cleared on the way home, must admit he was running in at 40 mph at first, seemed to be boggy at 40 mph then increased to 50/55 mph which helped, is this a case of over jetting?

Haven't a clue what jets are in it and running an BS8ES plug, which seemed a little black?

The guy wants a filter or hose if poss as fuel seems to go on the runners, any better options that helps it breath and stops fuel on the panels, side panel is standard with no hole for carb.

What would you suggest?

Thanks for help in advance, lee
69GP225

Re: Choked up?

Postby bazza3004 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:02 pm

From what you say and If plug is looking black it sounds like a jetting issue, if you find out what jets he has in and post these up some one running the same or similar set up will advise im sure. Was it running ok before, has he only recently fitted the filter etc.
bazza3004

Re: Choked up?

Postby 69GP225 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The bike has only done 150 miles max, so must have just got choked up. Alway had the filter on it from rebuild.
I'm hoping to check the Jets the weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Lee
69GP225

Return to Tuning & Kits