LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Achieving more top end w/out changing the gearbox

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Achieving more top end w/out changing the gearbox

Postby swissdean » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Have put a Casa 185/Ancellotti etc on a Serveta lince 125...but it seems to go slower than with the 125 barrel!

Not wishing to go backwards (literally!) is this possible to improve by changing front and rear sprocket/clutch case and if so what would you recommend.

I am not sure what gearing ratios I am starting with as info on line is scant (Its an '86, serveta 125 lince if anyone would know)

Thanks
Dean
swissdean

Re: Achieving more top end w/out changing the gearbox

Postby Vmakgp » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:58 pm

I'm just looking at the Granturismo Gt data & Richard recommends going up to an 18 tooth primary with 82 link chain with ya standard 46 crown wheel , sticky book says 46 x 18 - with a stretched 81 link chain .
Hope that's of some use .
Vmakgp

Postby swissdean » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:38 pm

thanks, that sounds like a simple fix, will give it a go
swissdean

Postby Bofs » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Stick a 4.00 x 10 tyre on the back, will upgear it a bit too. Maybe another 5mph in top.
Bofs

Postby HxPaul » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 pm

swissdean wrote:Have put a Casa 185/Ancellotti etc on a Serveta lince 125...but it seems to go slower than with the 125 barrel!

Not wishing to go backwards (literally!) is this possible to improve by changing front and rear sprocket/clutch case and if so what would you recommend.

I am not sure what gearing ratios I am starting with as info on line is scant (Its an '86, serveta 125 lince if anyone would know)

Thanks
Dean

No matter what the gearbox is,with a Casa 185 top end it should go a lot quicker and be more powerful than it was with the original 125 top end.If i were you I would look elswhere for the problem,if the top end is all that you have touched,thats where I would start looking.
HxPaul

Return to Tuning & Kits