LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ancelotti v BGM Clubman

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Ancelotti v BGM Clubman

Postby dave411 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Any thoughts on this?
Muggy 200,26mm Delly.
dave411

Re: Ancelotti v BGM Clubman

Postby Solid Air » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Replaced an Ancillotti with a BGM when my cast iron set-up was a 175cca few years ago. Definite improvement, a bit more power, easy to fit and good thing ride.

The downside is how the mild steel used to make them lasts... or not! The Ancillotti was a right state after about 18 months riding particularly the down pipe, BGM not very good either but not as bad. Have a new one to fit which I've had ceramic coated at Camcoat, will see how that goes. Fit the bolt on the underside of the casing which should help the internals steady together longer.

Hope that helps

Mark
Solid Air

Postby coaster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:23 pm

Your engine will struggle to pull over 6,500 to 7,000 rpm with the Ancilotti, I ran one on a Muggy 186 and a TS1 and it was the same on both
coaster

Postby coaster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Solid Air wrote:.......The downside is how the mild steel used to make them lasts... or not! The Ancillotti was a right state after about 18 months riding particularly the down pipe,

I have 2 Ancilotti down pipes, one for a standard type oval port and one with a TS1 flange and both are stainless :?
coaster

Postby Solid Air » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:25 pm

coaster wrote:
Solid Air wrote:.......The downside is how the mild steel used to make them lasts... or not! The Ancillotti was a right state after about 18 months riding particularly the down pipe,

I have 2 Ancilotti down pipes, one for a standard type oval port and one with a TS1 flange and both are stainless :?

Mine weren't :?
Solid Air

Return to Tuning & Kits