LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

A New One On Me

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

A New One On Me

Postby Angry Bloke » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:27 pm

A new one on me !
Started my rebuilt Vega today - all good but after a few restarts the kickstart stopped engaging
It felt like the circlip had popped off so I removed the chaincase for a look and hey presto the top steel and plate were loose but here's the rub

The circlip was still in place and hadn't moved !
Also I had not used the clutch as I'm yet to connect the cable

Any ideas ?

Obviously I could just reassemble the clutch but would like to solve the issue so I doesn't happen again
Angry Bloke

Re: A New One On Me

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:49 pm

clutch springs seated correctly and plates not snagging on clutch bell ??
a-teamlambretta

Postby Angry Bloke » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:40 pm

a-teamlambretta wrote:clutch springs seated correctly and plates not snagging on clutch bell ??

I think so but I've just reassembled it with a better fitting top plate and rechecked the seating etc

Cheers
Angry Bloke

Postby coaster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 am

Angry Bloke wrote:
a-teamlambretta wrote:clutch springs seated correctly and plates not snagging on clutch bell ??

I think so but I've just reassembled it with a better fitting top plate and rechecked the seating etc

Cheers

Did the new top plate take up some of the slack noticeable in the photos on Face Book? It looked as though it could have been able to move to one side which is why I wondered if the tangs on the basket had spread but a worn top plate would do it too I guess.

Glad you're sorting all these problems out Peach, you'll have all the answers for me when I get round to mine ;)
coaster

Postby Angry Bloke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:16 am

coaster wrote:
Angry Bloke wrote:

Cheers

Did the new top plate take up some of the slack noticeable in the photos on Face Book? It looked as though it could have been able to move to one side which is why I wondered if the tangs on the basket had spread but a worn top plate would do it too I guess.

Glad you're sorting all these problems out Peach, you'll have all the answers for me when I get round to mine ;)

It probably looked worse than it was TBH but I bent the tangs to be sure . I also used a better fitting top plate and circlip

Didn't have time to completely finish but I'm sure it will be ok :D

I was surprised to find that others had had similar issues .

I've learnt quite a bit building the Vega - the same but different if you know what I mean
Angry Bloke

Postby coaster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Angry Bloke wrote:.........I've learnt quite a bit building the Vega - the same but different if you know what I mean

Parallel Universe 8-)
coaster

Postby Ranburetta » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Are you using the correct top (driven) plate?

From memory, is there not a thicker Vega specific one?
Ranburetta

Postby Angry Bloke » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Ranburetta wrote:Are you using the correct top (driven) plate?

From memory, is there not a thicker Vega specific one?

I'll check - thanks
Angry Bloke

Return to Tuning & Kits