LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

TS1 Reed Valve Tips

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

TS1 Reed Valve Tips

Postby Wee Mark » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello Gents
Fitting my first TS1 Kit(after 30 years Scootering) :shock: and never fitted a Reed Valve set-up, I have got a Yamaha Reed block(with spacer) and just need to know if there is anything I need to be careful of when fitting and what sealant if any if need to secure a good seal on these set-ups?
Wee Mark

Re: TS1 Reed Valve Tips

Postby Fast n Furious » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:23 am

There's a host of propriety 'off the shelf' stuff you could use. Take yer pick really.
I use a 'Loctite product' that Gas fitters use on their gas threads on these gaskets very successfully.
(Sorry I cant remember the product number... Google it)
I've used "Bearing fit" as well, which seems to do the job.
Hobson's choice though.
Fast n Furious

Re: TS1 Reed Valve Tips

Postby holty » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:51 am

i use yamabond, 3bond is the same stuff, its a bit rubbery and messy to use but gives a perfect seal, i wouldnt use anything else, it is designed to seal engine cases together that dont use a gasket, it also sets after being left and sticks the components together, its well worth the cost, ive used it on my last 4 engine builds with no leaks
holty

Return to Tuning & Kits