LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

What would you recommend - Set up

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

What would you recommend - Set up

Postby Eibar-Jet200 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Afternoon all,

I am preparing for the 2,000 mile round trip to Italy this year. I am just a bit worried/ need confirmation of my set up and alternative.
My scoot is nearly there and will be roadworthy by the end of the month>

Current option: Brand new Indian 200, PM exhaust & PWK 24mil with remote filter & original Ducati electronic

Alternative option: Indian 200, Scootopia Clubman, and a standard 22mil carb reemed to 26, no air box but a hose & filter.

Any views greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John :roll:
Eibar-Jet200

Re: What would you recommend - Set up

Postby Lambretta Sash » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:15 am

if set up correctly they will work but offer difference in performance and fuel economy, personally id go clubman with 22mm and air box or remote filter as i did when i last travellled to italy doing that kind of milage
Lambretta Sash

Postby MickYork » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:51 am

Are you riding by yourself or with others ?

Thinking on, the complete engine may be your weak spot. Is it a brand new Indian engine? If so I'd be inclined to strip it down and change all seals and bearings. The crank bearings and rod are usually suspect so also worth upgrading. While you're at it the clutch would be better for an upgrade and also the stator. I suspose it's worth changing and upgrading as many components as you can afford. I had a new Indian engine and speak from experience.
MickYork

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:13 am

PM exhausts are heavy and have no stub. In my experience, they can pull on the exhaust studs. I wouldn't want to have stripped studs in the middle of France. For this reason alone, I'd go with the Clubman.
Storkfoot

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Keep it as simple as possible is probably good advice. Standard'ish and reliable. Perhaps you should be asking if a 22mm carb reamed out to 26 is going to let you down?
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Eibar-Jet200 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies.
No not a new Indian engine but a Serveta block with AF crank and good bearings.
My reemed 22/26 is old faithful, had it in many engines and the standard is so easy to set up.

I will opt for the Clubman option as the Scootopia is a 3 part item.

I will be riding with a mate, who may still be taking is 150D!

Thanks

John
Eibar-Jet200

Return to Tuning & Kits