LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gt186 CHT fitment

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Gt186 CHT fitment

Postby Marty ULC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Has anyone fitted a GT186 porcupine head with an SIP CHT sensor?
How did you do it? I assumed that it would just go under the central plug but it doesn't look like there's enough room.
Marty ULC

Re: Gt186 CHT fitment

Postby Solid Air » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi Marty, I've fitted a 1/8" NPT blanking plug (from eBay) into the red GT head plug. I then drilled and tapped that (4.5mm if I remember rightly) to screw the SIP temp sensor into it, without the supplied round under-plug fitment. Also drilled a hole in the head cowling for temp sensor access.

Admittedly fitting the NPT blanking plug wasn't straight forward. The two threads (NPT and red plug) seemed to be different tapers so that took a bit of fettling too get as best as we could then the NPT plug was machined flush to the red plug.

My scooter will be back on the road in the next week or two after a full rebuild so I will find out how it works. I'm hoping it will be less fragile a fitting than the under plug type and give a reasonably accurate and consistent reading.

Hope this helps

Mark
Solid Air

Re: Gt186 CHT fitment

Postby Marty ULC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks Mark, that's the sort of thing I was thinking might work.
Marty ULC

Return to Tuning & Kits