LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

exhaust gasket

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

exhaust gasket

Postby smithy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:26 pm

what and where are the best gaskets available ? I have bought one of the high temp camlam ones but quality does not look great ,I have used the mb ones before and not been impressed ?? should I stick with the copper or silver normal types or fit the high temp camlam one , does anyone have experience with these ?
thank you
smithy

Re: exhaust gasket

Postby corrado » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:21 am

I use the MB alloy ones, 4 hole type for oval exhaust port, they're about 3mm thick, never had an issue with them. I always get the manifold on a belt sander before fitting to get them flat, surprising how bent some of them are.
corrado

Postby bazza3004 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:33 am

Personally i dont use a gasket (albeit) on a TS1. I just make sure the ex flange is flat and use a good sealent. Had no issues since building motor nearly a year ago.
bazza3004

Postby Feersum Injun » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:37 am

corrado wrote:I use the MB alloy ones, 4 hole type for oval exhaust port, they're about 3mm thick, never had an issue with them. I always get the manifold on a belt sander before fitting to get them flat, surprising how bent some of them are.

I use the MB fibre type and they are fine. And as you say the actual manifold is rarely flat, even the thick MB manifold distorts during welding. Nothing a flat file and a bit of elbow grease doesn't sort out...!
Feersum Injun

Postby swissdean » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Feersum Injun wrote:
corrado wrote:I use the MB alloy ones, 4 hole type for oval exhaust port, they're about 3mm thick, never had an issue with them. I always get the manifold on a belt sander before fitting to get them flat, surprising how bent some of them are.

I use the MB fibre type and they are fine. And as you say the actual manifold is rarely flat, even the thick MB manifold distorts during welding. Nothing a flat file and a bit of elbow grease doesn't sort out...!
+1
swissdean

Postby smithy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:56 pm

thanks for the help guys ,
It was the mb fibre ones that let me down a couple of times.... they went brittle and broke up... in different egines , i went on their site and ordered their copper and their alloy one... don't think they sell the fibre ones any more ;)
thanks again
smithy

Postby dave411 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:03 pm

just ordered an MB copper one from Torbay Lambretta,its a bit on the thick side :shock:
dave411

Postby gaz_powell » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Copper type from AF - no problems on TS1 or cast barrels to date.
gaz_powell

Postby a.lo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:44 pm

i always use the copper type plus abit of silicone, never had one fail unlike the fibre type wether the red or grey type they always harden then fall to pieces/blow out. and i always flatten manifold which helps stop them coming loose
a.lo

Return to Tuning & Kits