LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Flywheel covers don't fit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Flywheel covers don't fit

Postby Blaginit » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 am

Just had a 225 ts1 built on gp200 case fitted with long Fin sil flywheel stainless cover no where near deep enough to fit old one of another sill deep rubs on flywheel thinking of extending one about 5mm unless anyone can help .ive road home ok took fly over off to powder coat flywheel tight just not enough space
Blaginit

Re: Flywheel covers don't fit

Postby coaster » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:23 am

I'd get the flywheel fins turned down just enough to clear, it sounds like your stainless one is for a short fin flywheel anyway
coaster

Postby Blaginit » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Cheers coaster skimmed flywheel worked a treat
Blaginit

Postby corrado » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:10 pm

coaster wrote:I'd get the flywheel fins turned down just enough to clear, it sounds like your stainless one is for a short fin flywheel anyway

I've got this horrible memory of someone doing this once with a file while the engine was running, still makes me shudder thinking about it. :o
corrado

Postby coaster » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 am

corrado wrote:
coaster wrote:I'd get the flywheel fins turned down just enough to clear, it sounds like your stainless one is for a short fin flywheel anyway

I've got this horrible memory of someone doing this once with a file while the engine was running, still makes me shudder thinking about it. :o

I must admit that the thought had crossed my mind that a n angle grinder with a sanding attachment would get the job done with the engine running......what stopped me was knowing the mess the filings would cause :o :o
coaster

Return to Tuning & Kits