LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

My Gori 200. Have I broken it?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

My Gori 200. Have I broken it?

Postby Topgearskin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Being a ham fisted tit I've managed to do this to my BRAND NEW Gori 200 cylinder

I'm hoping that chipping a bit off the spigot isn't terminal. Any advice? Or do I need to throw it away?
Topgearskin

Re: My Gori 200. Have I broken it?

Postby holty » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 pm

oh dear, i guess you dropped it, im pretty sure you wont be able to get the piece youve broken of welded back on without distorting it, i would just chamfer the edge and smooth it out and give it a go, your only other option is to have it relined, or maybe someone like langcourts might be able to weld it up, then plate it and hone it back to size
holty

Postby foremanbob » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 pm

The most common way of doing that is in removing the gudgeon pin with the piston partially inserted.

There are a few threads about detailing it if you search. I did the same with a TS1...

The concensus was clean up the broken edge with a dremel to smooth it off and radius the corners. and it should run OK

The skirt supports your piston, but since such a small percentage of total surface area is missing it should be OK.
foremanbob

Postby Topgearskin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:43 pm

foremanbob wrote:The most common way of doing that is in removing the gudgeon pin with the piston partially inserted.

There are a few threads about detailing it if you search. I did the same with a TS1...

The concensus was clean up the broken edge with a dremel to smooth it off and radius the corners. and it should run OK

The skirt supports your piston, but since such a small percentage of total surface area is missing it should be OK.

That's exactly what I did. klutz that I am.
I'll get the dremel out once I remove my dunce hat and stop hugging my knees. Thanks lads
Topgearskin

Postby gaz_powell » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:00 pm

oh dear TGS

Agree with others clean it up, radius, chamfer etc and fit it ...........

Did you do the stud holes ?

Bit of a scud this barrel for you !

Remember ..... she's smooth on the curves, never gets on your nerves..... Laaaaaambretta, Laaaaaaambretta

Gaz
gaz_powell

Postby Topgearskin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 pm

gaz_powell wrote:oh dear TGS

Agree with others clean it up, radius, chamfer etc and fit it ...........

Did you do the stud holes ?

Bit of a scud this barrel for you !

Remember ..... she's smooth on the curves, never gets on your nerves..... Laaaaaambretta, Laaaaaaambretta

Gaz

It's been a joy Gez. Stud holes now sorted (although not without a fight). It was about 6 minutes after I celebrated that small victory that I embraced this epic tittism.
I think I might take the same time as the artisans at SIL to get this one on the road.
Topgearskin

Return to Tuning & Kits