LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Max Quattrini 210 kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Max Quattrini 210 kit

Postby Toddy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:55 am

mines on an Italian GP case no welding , transfers tidied up not fully matched 24bhp 20 torque great all round kit up there with the TS1's
Toddy

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 pm

If I were to fit an MQ kit, like many others, I would tidy/match ports.

Just because matching of transfers may result in virtually immeasurable differences on a conventional dyno, doesn't mean that benefits do not occur. Particuarly within the other fields of two stroke development, larger crankcase volumes are seen as an asset, so longer conrods & removal of material are commonplace. Don't think that there aren't gains to be had because the rules of some racing classes dictate that 'case modifications are illegal. If anything, such a prohibition proves hat there are advantages to be had, so banning modifications is an attempt to level the playing field.

Even in the World of Lambretta tuning, there are some of us that run no inner mag housing seal, with the roller bearing lubricated by petroil.

Conclude whatever you want about transfer matching, & the results on their own may be marginal, but all of the subtle modifications do stack up. It's getting them to all work together that is the clever part.

I doubt that the MQ kit has yet realised it's full potential, though I have not checked the German Forums lately. Last time I thought about the potential of the kit it appeared to me that the limited choice of exhausts was restrictive.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Sticky » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Postby bennn » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Right... got mine built and in the bike at last!

Got myself a VHSH30 on the standard manifold rubber and a CST hi-flow filter, problem being the filter mouth is nowhere near the sidepanel on my S2 to make a seal if that makes sense? How are you lot running filters, or don't you bother?

Thanks, Ben.
bennn

Postby Solid Air » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:26 pm

Hi Benny, I run a standard type elbow with a Ramair filter, there are a few on here that use the CST type filter that may be able to help you and also there is the FB Lambretta Quattrini M-210-TV Riders Group if you're on there.

Mark
Solid Air

Postby bennn » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:48 pm

I've had a look on the missus's Facebook (I don't use it myself) but cant really see many of anyone's filter setups on there.

I've got the same one on my S3 but the panels are obviously a lot closer to the carb on those, so it seals the carb mouth up nicely against the inside of the sidepanel.
bennn

Postby missing lynx » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:51 am

Have you asked at Chiselspeed? I've always found them very helpful. Btw I'm using a bhph with a ram filter on mine but aren't using side panels
missing lynx

Postby lozmondo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:43 pm

i run a Casa powerflow filter and elbow along with MMW manifold, the bottom of the filter elbow just clears the panel on a series 2
lozmondo

Postby Toddy » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:26 pm

I’m running the Chiselspeed filter on mine I’ll try and find a picture it basically sits owner the carb mouth then sits against the side panel
Toddy

Postby bennn » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:45 pm

Missing Lynx - I'll ask Chiselspeed on Tuesday when they re-open, just thought I'd ask the question on here as someone might run the same setup already.

Toddy - I understand how it fits over the carb mouth, as I say I've got the same setup on my S3 GP, the issue I've got is that on the S2 I've got the Quattrini in that the front edge of the filter doesn't sit up against the inside of the panel at the top due to the carb angle and the panels on the S2 being wider, would a pic help?

Thanks again, Ben.
bennn

Postby gizmo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:56 pm

Enjoying reading this debate. I presume everyone involved would agree the extra couple of hundred pounds on the initial kit over the RB 20 is well worth it
gizmo

Postby Toddy » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:00 pm

gizmo wrote:Enjoying reading this debate. I presume everyone involved would agree the extra couple of hundred pounds on the initial kit over the RB 20 is well worth it

Yes I would I’ve had both and the grin factor on the quattrini is great
Toddy

Postby Solid Air » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:01 pm

gizmo wrote:Enjoying reading this debate. I presume everyone involved would agree the extra couple of hundred pounds on the initial kit over the RB 20 is well worth it

Can't comment on a comparison but I love my M210 8-)
Solid Air

Postby gizmo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Solid Air wrote:

Can't comment on a comparison but I love my M210 8-)

Point taken ;)
gizmo

Postby missing lynx » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:49 pm

bennn wrote:Missing Lynx - I'll ask Chiselspeed on Tuesday when they re-open, just thought I'd ask the question on here as someone might run the same setup already.

Toddy - I understand how it fits over the carb mouth, as I say I've got the same setup on my S3 GP, the issue I've got is that on the S2 I've got the Quattrini in that the front edge of the filter doesn't sit up against the inside of the panel at the top due to the carb angle and the panels on the S2 being wider, would a pic help?

Thanks again, Ben.

Sorry I didn't mean you didn't know how to fit it my thought was as Chiselspeed sell them they may have a solution to your problem
missing lynx

Postby bennn » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:27 pm

Missing Lynx no offence taken, I will speak to them Tuesday, cheers.

When I get mine up & running I'll be able to compare it to the RB20 in my GP, everyone I've spoken to who already has the MQ210 loves it, can't wait! :D

Ben.
bennn

Postby missing lynx » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:50 pm

What with work and covid I haven't got round to mot-ing mine but for my style and type of riding it ticks all the boxes so hopefully I'll soon get chance to get out and about on it!!
missing lynx

Postby gizmo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:30 am

Now this kit is a few years old have all the teething problems been ironed out. Seems to be very popular at present
gizmo

Postby bike grim » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:31 am

I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and used quite a bit as and when I can including a few rallies, general riding about and competing in the 6 hour endurance race in September 2019 (coming 2nd in road class) and bar the inlet manifold splitting (early kit - the later kits were supplied with thicker manifold rubber) I’ve had no problems. I run the FB quattrini riders page. Hardly anyone reports any kit related issues. I know of 2 seizures but riders have admitted operator error ( these were very early kits, the first 2 customer road engines out of Chiselspeed). Highly recommend. I’ve swapped from a CST10 to an Exbox ST ( quite a few have) which makes for a great riding experience. Using a 4 speed box at 4.4 final drive, plenty of go rolling the throttle for touring or give it the berries for 80mph ish top speed
bike grim

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits