LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Anybody used this NOVA registration service on ebay

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Anybody used this NOVA registration service on ebay

Postby grumpar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Anybody used this NOVA registration service on ebay ?

Lambretta-Serveta-SIL-NOVA-Registration-Service/251724681713
grumpar

Re: Anybody used this NOVA registration service on ebay

Postby Digger » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Why would you - a 10 year old could fill in a Nova form?
Digger

Postby Lockman69 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Why would you?.... Applying for a Nova certificate is simple and free. Just phone the tax help line or apply online
Lockman69

Postby grumpar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Digger wrote:Why would you - a 10 year old could fill in a Nova form?

Haven't registered anything since before nova started and read about fines for not registering and not declaring to dvla i've had the bike since before nova started long time project and don't really know what the rules are . I know i have to ring for a paper nova form can't do on line but not keen on giving all my details to the government until i know the score ... it tends to cost me a lot of money whenever i tell them anything.
grumpar

Postby Digger » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:56 am

As you are reading this on an Internet forum you can do it online as far as I know.

HMRC are only interested in imports that are subject to VAT.

Date - you just say you acquired it last week when applying for the form. If it's from the EU or UK you should not have to pay anything.

As a safeguard state that it cost you £50 and that you don't have a receipt.
Digger

Postby grumpar » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:39 pm

The nova site says (as far as i can make out ) if i have owned it since before nova started which i have i must use the paper nova copy sending a dating certificate which i have dated before nova started from the LCGB and a receipt which i also have dated prior to to nova starting so
I don't think i should have any problem with obtaining the nova and at worst i pay 20%vat on the 600 quid i paid about £120

My concern is
Should i have informed them when the nova was first introduced
Do i have to inform DVLA of anything with the bike not being ready for the road yet

I have read on the nova registration site about a £5 a day fine for not registering within 14 days?

An idiots guide to registering a lambretta is what i need any links on the site :?:

I know there's always the on line option of just lie but i'me the type if they were going to double check on anybody it would be me

cheers
grumpar

Postby davla » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:28 pm

As Digger says, fill out the form online or the paper version if you prefer. Say you got it last week and that you paid £50 for it (I said £150). You'll get the NOVA registration form issued in about an hour that you can print off, showing that no tax is due and that it is now on their database. It's no use trying to explain to them that you've owned it since before NOVA was introduced. I tried and they told me to put it in writing which I did. They just returned everything back to me and told me I needed to fill in the form properly and post it back or do it online. The NOVA system doesn't seem to be able to take into consideration that you have owned an unregistered vehicle prior to NOVA being introduced.......Also, you don't need a dating certificate to get it on the NOVA database and there is no cost involved.
davla

Postby Adam_Winstone » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:00 pm

^... reflects my experience of trying to explain that I've a bike with known reg and British history, which I've owned for 20 years but have zero paperwork for. Everything that I wrote and submitted to NOVA was simply 'computer says no'. I also spent hours on the phone but couldn't speak to a person most times, with the final person telling me to make up details as it couldn't be processed if I gave the genuine details (told to lie!). When I changed details it went through smoothly :(

I am about to try on line for another frame so will follow some of the advice on this thread... thanks.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Postby Adam_Winstone » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:48 pm

All,

Is there a NOVA form download that I can print off and post in, without having to log in to HMRC?

I did register and try to complete an application online a year or so ago, running into the issues mentioned previously, but that was a year ago and after giving up on the online attempt didn't bother keeping my ID or password info. It now seems as though they want you to sign in even before you can download a postal form! WTF is the world coming to? North Korea please help yourself to this online bulls**t!

If anyone knows of a simple NOVA application form in pdf, please can you send me a link?

Ta

Adam

PS - If I wanted to live in a virtual world then I'd ride a Jap 4-stroke!
Adam_Winstone

Postby grumpar » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Any links to the procedure of registering now once the bikes finished... I take it you still mot and insure it on the frame number do you just send these documents with your nova and dating cert to dvla.

I am sure the last time i did it i took the paperwork to the local office but that was 1999 so obviously no more local office or humans to speak face to face with.
grumpar

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:04 pm

grumpar wrote:Any links to the procedure of registering now once the bikes finished... I take it you still mot and insure it on the frame number do you just send these documents with your nova and dating cert to dvla.

I am sure the last time i did it i took the paperwork to the local office but that was 1999 so obviously no more local office or humans to speak face to face with.

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/register.html
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:24 am

Having found the PDF download http://www.lambretta.co.uk/downloads/nova-form.pdf

Quick question: Is there anything else that I need to send off with the application? I know that I'll need to send MOT, photos, correct application form, etc. etc. when I have a NOVA reference number and am applying to DVLA for reg. but is there anything that I need to send off now with the NOVA form?

Ta

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Postby bike grim » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:14 am

Just the NOVA form. I work on the basis of tell them as little as possible, just the bare facts, so less to question and makes their job easier
bike grim

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:21 am

Ta
Adam_Winstone

Postby grumpar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Did mine through the registration company today just emailed them a copy of the receipt from August 2012 when I bought it filled the form out truthfully that they sent me, a copy of the dating certificate and had it back 2 hours later cost £19.99 but I didn't have to tell any lies so no comebacks on me....I know more money than sense but its all done now cowards way out :oops:
grumpar

Postby xenia1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Adam_Winstone wrote:^... reflects my experience of trying to explain that I've a bike with known reg and British history, which I've owned for 20 years but have zero paperwork for. Everything that I wrote and submitted to NOVA was simply 'computer says no'. I also spent hours on the phone but couldn't speak to a person most times, with the final person telling me to make up details as it couldn't be processed if I gave the genuine details (told to lie!). When I changed details it went through smoothly :(

I am about to try on line for another frame so will follow some of the advice on this thread... thanks.

Adam

Just fill in a V62 form Adam and send it off with the £25 fee, you'll get back a V5c..
xenia1

Postby Adam_Winstone » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Andy,

Nope, tried that but had the application and cheque returned with a statement saying that without supporting documentation I had no claim to the reg, however, this was complicated by it being a Cornish bike and they no longer have records.

Well, I'm on the case now and will see how far I get this time around.

Merry Christmas all.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3