LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

August Bank Holiday Isle Of Wight : BSRA 7

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

August Bank Holiday Isle Of Wight : BSRA 7

Postby weeks » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Best Supporting Members Championship Event No : 18

weeks

Re: August Bank Holiday Isle Of Wight : BSRA 7

Postby Curt » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:00 pm

I haven't been to IOW for a few years; this year there is a bit of a do on at the Ventnor Winter Gardens so I am thinking of doing a 1 nighter. Ride down in the morning, check out Ryde and the Stadium, then head to Ventnor for the evening.
I can't imagine I will get 1 nights accommodation in a Hotel and I have googled for campsites in Ventnor but nothing much comes up. Does anyone know of a campsite in walking distance to Winter Gardens?

Cheers Curt
Curt

Postby nickw » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:31 pm

As far as I can remember there are no campsites within a reasonable distance of the Winter Gardens. Here are contact details of the local scout camp site and I believe they might let you camp there. It's about a 10 minute walk from the do.Also I would have thought the organisers would be providing at least one bus to and from the event? There are loads of BnB's in Ventnor and if you wanted one of them you'd probably get one when you get down there. As kids we used to camp on the cliff top :lol:
Julie on 01983 401102, or e-mail julieq@keeler.co.uk
nickw

Postby Curt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Cheers Nick
Curt

Return to UK Rallies & Events