LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Llandudno camp site

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

Llandudno camp site

Postby Omega 7 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:49 pm

Just back from Llandudno and was wondering what others thought about the camp site. Personally I thought nobody should have been allowed to camp on that field due to the amount of sheep sh1t on there.
Omega 7

Re: Llandudno camp site

Postby Herbert » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Its mostly harmless, unless you decide to eat it ;)
Herbert

Postby johnnyXS » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:15 pm

what isn't harmless .......is the countless Ticks that the field would have been crawling with :evil:
johnnyXS

Postby Jazzy b » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:30 pm

johnnyXS wrote:what isn't harmless .......is the countless Ticks that the field would have been crawling with :evil:

A good friend of mine who was a gamekeeper died of a rare ro deer tick ? I think I would worry
Jazzy b

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Yes, I became host to one of our burrowing friends at the Eurolambretta in Davos which again was on a field frequented by animals:
Storkfoot

Postby Omega 7 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Storkfoot wrote:Yes, I became host to one of our burrowing friends at the Eurolambretta in Davos which again was on a field frequented by animals:

Thanks Paul, I've just started to itch :lol:
Omega 7

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:26 pm

You'd wince, Trev, if you knew were it went burrowing :shock:
Storkfoot

Postby weeks » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:24 am

Removed the attachments ect

Could have moved thread to Chit Chat and kept pics but thought as it has National scene interest id like to keep on the main page for now.

Appreciate it if members who were actually at the event and camped to give opinions rather than turn this into a tick horror show though :cry:

Its in all our interests to try to improve camping standards at events where possible but these come at a price.

I didn't visit the camp site myself so cant comment on conditions.

Cheers
weeks

Postby Garbo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 am

Wife and I were on the official rally campsite and the initial impression was that it was covered in sheep cr@p, had to kick the litle piles away to clear a space for the tent. It think that the site was just 'OK', nothing fantastic.
We went to the farm bar for a couple of drinks on Fri night, it was pleasant enough. The campsite was basically a farm field. Entrance fee of £12 per person ........ I suppose in this day and age you can't get much for £12 for a weekend's camping, still a lot cheaper that B&B.
Garbo

Postby johnnyXS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 am

I didn't attend so my opinion is probably not welcome or relevant but in my experience of camping (campervan holidays in the Uk every year) I would say that the charges were a little high .
I know that electric hookup and Wi-Fi can bump the pitch fees up a bit but crikey I only pay around £15-18 a night for a large hard standing pitch for my 7x metre campervan with grassed area free electric hookup and waste ,showers , washroom , freezer and many other facilities .
I've just reread your post and see that it was £12 for the weekend which if it included other facilities ought to have been good value I should have thought . Pity about the poo :D
johnnyXS

Postby Garbo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:46 am

Also, I forgot to say that the farm did have toilet blocks and I was told that there was portable shower block too.
Garbo

Postby weeks » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Dosent sound bad to me but as stated I didn't venture onto the camp site .......... Sadly people don't want to pay much more even when facilities are much better or at least when they are asked too those working the gates tend to get a lot of hassle :evil: ......... Its never easy pleasing everyone.

Personally I've always enjoyed Llandudno and hopefully we as scooterists will be back again in the future :)

For the record : The Llandudno camp site wasn't run by the LCGB and the LCGB didn't have any organising part of this event which has incorrectly been stated elsewhere :roll:
weeks

Return to UK Rallies & Events