LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Iam Mod Again After 42 Years

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: Iam Mod Again After 42 Years

Postby weeks » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 am

barrie3253 wrote:Hi Johnnysx
I must have really been wearing rose tinted glasses or perhaps it was those funny smelling fags my mates kept smoking, or then I again I was very lucky. In all of the five years that I had lambretta the only problems I experienced was rear flat tyre and a broken throttle cable.

Barrie

Forum section : Show your ride ............. Lets get back into "why we do what we do"

Like everything else I guess it depends on the whole picture .............. What did you use your scoot for , how was it used, and how far did you travel on it in those 5 years (any pictures of it ?)

Ive got one Lambretta that hasn't cost me a penny in maintenance in over 8 years (rare beast) and another that's gone through 3 rear tyres in a year amongst other bits n pieces ............. Reason being one has been sat in the naughty corner of the garage because I dropped it on a LCGB Coast to Coast 8 years ago and damaged it, the other is well used and manage to transport me to the LEJOG / Switzerland and other events last year

Naughty corner (before damage) .............. Unused but cheap ;)

Well used and more expensive, but a whole lot of fun :D

weeks

Postby barrie3253 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:52 am

I will have dig out the one and only photo of my old SX200 that i have.For some reason in those days we never thought of taking photo's, we just rode them to various Youth Clubs in pursuit of girls. There was no better accessory for a mod scooter than a girl with a short skirt as a passenger. Our little scooter gang consisted of 5 Lambretta's and 2 Vespa's, see how multi-cultured we were. There scooters were used on a daily basis for first school,Technical College & work.The furthest that I have ever ridden was from Cardiff to Tenby and back in the same day. No long haul rides then. We also had a passion to the name the scooters, namely" Interstellar Aubergine & Andromeda Lime, bet you can guess the main colours.

So the Lambretta was our every day workhorse so never clocked up huge mileages then, perhaps thats why we didn't need our own Italian Engineer like FIAT owners of the time. FIAT stands for" Fix It Again Tony"

Barrie
barrie3253

Postby lambypolo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:05 am

weeks wrote: Reason being one has been sat in the naughty corner of the garage because I dropped it on a LCGB Coast to Coast 8 years ago and damaged it, the other is well used and manage to transport me to the LEJOG / Switzerland and other events last year

Naughty corner (before damage) .............. Unused but cheap ;)

I've got a photo of you on your way through Pickering on that coast to coast - William was in his pushchair waving at the scooters. Probably the last photo of it before you dropped it. I'll try and dig it out.
lambypolo

Postby weeks » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 am

lambypolo wrote:I've got a photo of you on your way through Pickering on that coast to coast - William was in his pushchair waving at the scooters. Probably the last photo of it before you dropped it. I'll try and dig it out.

It was the last pic Ian :cry: ................... and you kindly sent it to me years ago, ive actually just looked at it and wept a little :D

Remember seeing you take it as Im waving on the pic

Cheers
weeks

Postby parky » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Lovely scoot Barrie and nice to see a bit of mod on this forum. I am with you all the way with the look of a modded scoot. I get a bit bored with all the plain scoots I see (nice though they are) seeing a bit of mod puts a smile on my face. Do you go up to the Fino lounge on a Thursday evening with the Old Skool scooter club?
parky

Postby xenia1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:23 am

Nice to see one in the original apple green, the best colour for that model imo..

Andy
xenia1

Postby 911hillclimber » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:22 am

I had an Li 150 Ser 2 when 15, the elation when 16 and a driver's provisional and utter freedom was indeed 'awsome' and I left school too and had a real apprenticeship and went to college where there were many scooters, few in the Mod manner as we all had no money.
It never failed me every day.
Moved to a TV3 with a 225cc conversion and 'wildcat' and 'S' badges on it after I passed my bike test (3 questions, a ride round the block and an emergency stop). Bought seized and pushed part of the way home. Got fed up of pushing so jumped hard on the kick start and rode it home.
Never went wrong bar one rear puncture. That was 1969/70 so the TV was only 6 years old.

Those fond free years left a big impression on me and is why I'm resorting my TV3 today, sadly not my '225', but bog standard 175.

Never got close to the mod bit, only wanted to go faster, and still had no money, so the TV got a flyscreen and a rear carrier for a spare (guess who had no spare when I got a puncture).

Fell off the TV to often (limited talent and common sense) and sold it and bought a Triumph Herald 12/50, my first car.

Mind you, I had a self painted Union Jack helmet, fish tail parker, cords and desert boots, so does that count? 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
911hillclimber

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride